Hope you all had a safe and merry holiday. Off to the Hodgepodge we go!
1. How did you ring in the new year?
This year I stayed at home. I went out to pick up a prescription and get allergy shots during the day, then that night I played with yarn. I just wasn’t up to being with other people (which is a different story all unto itself).
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
Contentment, stability, peace, etc.
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, “All of us every single year, we’re a different person. I don’t think we’re the same person all our lives.” What say you?
I sincerely hope this is true. I have been a person I don’t want to be again. I have learned things that hopefully make me a better woman. I have grown, and would like to continue that process.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
I love jewel tones in any of the shades, and very much like Green. I think I might have a tanktop that qualifies, but not a lot of green in my wardrobe. Lots and lots of black.
5. Speaking of emerald…what’s your favorite gemstone?
My birthstone is a diamond, so I do love those. Especially blue ones. Like the ring Princess Diana got from Prince Charles (now worn by the Duchess of York). I have a pair of stud diamond earrings, and as a college graduation gift my mom had the diamond my father gave her reset into a pendant which I have since had fused with my cross that I wear. But my favorite, absolute favorite? Probably a toss up between opals and pearls. That light of fire is just so beautiful.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
Yesterday I finished reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. I realize I was late to the party, but what a fantastic story. I hope the family feels that the have some sort of closure at this time. I also got suckered into the Divergent series (along with the sequel Insurgent) for good brain bubble gum that requires no major thought. Kind of Hunger Games-esque, but good. Movies? There were quite a few that I loved in 2012. All fluff, come to think of it. The Avengers was stellar. I saw The Hunger Games three times I think. But one of the cutest movies I saw this year was The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Awesome movie.
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
Lighten Up. Don’t take it so personally. Now we just have to see if I listen….
8. Insert your own random thought here:
Tonight was the celebration for my stepfather’s 75th birthday. We all went to dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, it was yummy. And right now I am so stinkin’ full that I am highly uncomfortable. But it was a great time, all four kids with the spouses for the other three, and T is a very healthy and happy 75. More power to him. Here’s to at least another decade of continued good health.
That’s it for me this first Wednesday of 2013. Back to work I went today, and it’s as if the long weekend never happened….