On LiveJournal I was challenged to complete this for 2011. It’s probably the best version of “answer-these-random-questions-about-your-life-for-strangers”, as it actually requires some thought instead of just ‘favorite color’ kind of responses, so I thought to make it an annual thing. Since I have all of five posts on LiveJournal in three years (and the only other people I know over there have left), I’ve moved it to this little blog of mine. Here is the survey for 2012.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I have been staring at this question for about an hour. I’m sure there was something, I just cannot think of it off the top of my head. Edit: A-ha! I thought of something! I experienced a derecho. Freak storm here the end of June, lost power for a week with 100-105 degree temperatures and added a new word to the local vocabulary. We stood in the corner office (made of glass) and watched the storm while the rest of the non-idiot thinking people we work with huddled in the middle for safety.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I rarely make them, however I did make them for 2013. So I guess the answer is not applicable, and yes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Several coworkers, and my youngest cousin but we’re not close any longer.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
For the first time in a long time, no family member or someone I worked with/spouse of passed away. Yay 2012!
5. What countries did you visit?
Can the other side of the river be counted as another country?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Security. Decent health insurance. A dinner date.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
2012 was not an unremarkable year, I swear, but I can’t think of anything noteworthy enough that I remembered the date for it!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Continue reading