1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
The back bedroom/craft room/office/etc. While unemployed a few years ago I was really good about getting in there and keeping it organized because I was USING it as a craft room. Now it is a junk room. Clothes everywhere, books, projects, etc.
2. What’s the worst uniform you’ve ever had to wear for a job?
I’ve waited tables for years, but always top restaurants so the ‘uniform’ wasn’t too bad. When I worked at a theme park I did the costumes for actors, so no polyester park uniform was required (plus I could sneak away mid day to ride roller coasters). So I guess the worst? That would be when I first started working in the corporate office for a clothing company. Women were permitted to wear pants at that time, but we had to wear hose if we showed skin (heels with slacks, etc.). My solution? Wear boots! I haven’t had to wear suits to work in a decade, even though I now work for a financial services industry, so I think that would truly be an adjustment to have to go back to that again.
3. What was your last kitchen ‘mishap’? This question comes to you courtesy of Betty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife…everyone go say hi to Betty!
Hi Betty! Mishap…. Oh! Last night! Was cleaning out the fridge to put stuff in the garbage before pick up this morning (greens gone bad, etc.) and I had a half can of tomato paste and a half can of tomato sauce from where I had made butter chicken earlier in the week but didn’t have any small cans to open. So I had them sitting on the shelf, and when I put them in the garbage bag I was holding, I missed and they went tumbling out the sides. I quickly discovered that the dog doesn’t like tomato and wouldn’t clean up the floor after me (boo!) so I had to actually scrub it clean at midnight last night. I realize this isn’t a cooking mishap, just a kitchen-related one, but I can’t think of the last cooking related one I had. My peanut butter balls at Christmas this year tasted too sugary and not peanut buttery enough, maybe?
4. How do you protect yourself from other people’s negativity?
Avoidance and denial. Not the best, but it works. Especially as relates to family members.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
People swear I am the spitting image of my mother until they see me with my father. I think as a child, I favored some of my mother’s childhood photos, but now? Not so much. My build? 100% the paternal line. It’s maddening. No kiddos, so no idea….
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day…will you be celebrating?
If I had only known I would have made arrangements to do so. Maybe I’ll have a In Remembrance Of celebration later this week….
7. Some of the ‘world’s best winter festivals‘ are – Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnivale (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
Because I love movies and would love to see a bunch of them? Sundance. But for true enjoyment I would LOVE to go to the Snow or Ice Festival in Asia. SO awesome! Aside from the obvious splendor of the Ice and Snow exhibits, Sapporo Japan is a beautiful town and I’ve never been to China. I loved South Korea and would enjoy the opportunity to spend more time in that part of the country.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I promise you, one day I am going to have to give CPR to the man who has the adjacent office. It’s funny to listen to, but kinda scary. He’s a sweet man, but when he gets frustrated, all 60+ years of his 5’10” person turns screaming red, balls his fists, and jumps up and down in anger. Not to mention he makes my Navy friends look like they need lessons in swearing. I swear he’s going to stroke out one day. His assistant and his wife both swear he’s not that way at home, but the sounds coming from the computer where he can’t figure out how to print on letterhead are cracking me up.