I’m so sorry! I can’t believe that time got away from me and I didn’t get this typed up last night. On the plus side, nine hours of sleep last night! I was in bed by 930! It was AWESOME! Let’s not delay any longer, and instead answer the:
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
Probably at the zoo a decade ago? They’re not exactly prevalent in my back yard. Voles, mice, chipmunks, and rabbits I’ve got. Snakes? Not so much. I’m not particularly fond of them, but I don’t mind them so much either. Oddly enough it’s the little ones that freak me out. Big fat boa constrictor or python? So cool. Little garden snake? Eeewwww.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
Excellent question. I think probably no. I think I believe in circumstances more than I believe in luck, and karma is certainly at play there. But I also believe that your ‘luck’ is what you make of it.
3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman…if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
Sledding. So much fun. But I’ve probably ice skated more recently, as in the last ten years or so. Or maybe even longer. But nothing beats the feeling of racing down a hill with the ice cold prickles on your face!
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, “The years teach much which the days never knew.” Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
Are you trying to get all deep and philosophical on me? I guess the experience of learning over time and looking back and saying “if I only knew then”, right?
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
Maybe last month? I had just cake instead of the cupcake yesterday for a birthday at the office. But now I want the real thing. Dang, I’m going to have to stop by my local bakery . . . .
6. What’s something you can’t say no to?
Ice cream. Family guilt. New experiences. My grandmother. And so on.
7. Are you a doodler?
Sometimes. Especially during conference calls. But lately, not so much.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m in the midst of homemade soup week. Sunday was Split Pea and Smoked Ham. Eh, needed more salt and to soften the celery/onions up prior to cooking. Monday was Asparagus with Mushrooms and Wild Rice. It was awesome. Tuesday was spinach with vegetables. Very good, but even better today for lunch after the flavors melded a bit. I’m trying to figure out what I want to do tonight. Unplanned I’ve had a green soup three days in a row. So tonight I’m trying to figure out if I want to make Mulligatawny, Posole, Chicken & Orzo, or Pork Noodle. Moroccan Vegetable will wait until the weekend I think. Which gets your vote for tonight?
(Full disclosure: I realize it’s so late in the day that
I might be getting an answer for Friday’s supper! :))