“Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn’t we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? ‘Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we’d all be put out in K.P.”
Was I the only one that thought of this scene from Good Morning Vietnam when they saw the topic for this listicle? I started cracking up, only I’m at work while I’m writing this which is NOT a good idea!
In case you haven’t figured out, the Listicle is Acronyms. Specifically, the 10 acronyms you use regularly. I feel like I could do a list of 50 instead of 10, given the background in music, financial services, military, etc. But most of the one I use daily are a direct reference to things at work. Yet oddly enough, the ones I cannot stand to use are the common text abbreviations. Nope, I’m a full text typer!
- PDF: Portable Document Format
- NMIS: Northwestern Mutual Investment Services
- NMFN: Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- ETA: Electronic Transmittal of Application
- ISA: Individual Service Account
- EFT: Electronic Funds Transfer
- TNC: The Network Connection
- CSS: Client Service System
- CCV: Consolidated Client View (Also, Country Club of Virginia)
- IRA: Individual Retirement Account
Boring list, isn’t it!