You know I truly enjoy these link parties. Especially ones like last week, when we pick nine photos to share. That’s fun. I share a little bit of myself that I normally wouldn’t, the anonymous interwebs enjoy, and all is good. I usually write up the posts the night before, as an attempt to relax after work. Like tonight. Worked from 8 to 7, no break. Spent 90 minutes on the phone with Anthem–in California–trying to figure out how to fix my problem with Anthem in Virginia. Changed clothes, sighed when I realized I’ll be 915 eating dinner, and tried to relax by doing the Tuesday Topics for this week.
Well Lauren, thanks for nothing. Easy, my tired patootie. Eight goals for the month? That’s HARD to come up with after a long day at work. Here goes:
- To get this ‘clerical error’ fixed and have my health insurance reinstated. (Grrrrrr. Anthem. Demon spawn. Second only to Comcast for crappiest customer service on the planet.)
- To finally cut the grass this week before it reaches my waist, and then try to maintain it by fixing my lawn mower after I return the one I borrowed.
- To get my house out of C.H.A.O.S. (Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome)
- To finally switch out my winter closet for the summer one (it’s only 90 degrees after all)
- To establish a study plan to recommit for my Series 7 exam
- To actually take my Series 7 exam
- To finish at least two yarn projects that I have in progress
- To learn how to hula hoop
Okay now don’t laugh about the last one. I’m totally serious about it. I never could figure out how to do it as a kid. Something about how fat people can’t hula hoop. But since I gave up my gym membership and can’t swim as much as I’d love I’ve been looking for something I can do that is cardio and core building. My stepmother (a size eight lifelong runner) was telling me about it, and showed me the newer weighted hoops that are for adults. So I figured sure, I’ll try it. Dang, it’s still hard! I have an average of five revolutions before it falls, though I did make it to ten once. I have two hoops–a five pound weighted one and then a super huge one that is supposed to help me learn how to hoop. I just cannot do it. I try, but it’s difficult. I even used to belly dance, so hip motion is no problem, but the hoop just baffles me! Any ideas? I have looked at all the hooping videos on the youtubes, and I just cannot figure it out!!!!!
Oh, and one thing I have to share. Bonus for me! I have kept my New Year’s resolution thus far and I have yet to order delivery for any meal at home. I stopped on the way home once and got a pizza, but that’s not the same thing. No pizza, chinese, sushi, or italian has been phone for and delivered for payment. Not bad, huh?