I was a tried and true 80s child. Big hair, makeup, whole shebang. And I was awesome at it. Now, you’re lucky if I throw on eyeshadow. But there are still some things I will never give up!
10 BEAUTY PRODUCTS I USE EVERY DAY
- Baby wipes. Preferably Huggies unscented or cucumber green tea. Works great as a makeup remover. So much so, that we used to use them at the theme park I worked at to remove Klingon makeup. Takes off a little foundation with no problem.
- Blinc mascara. This stuff is absolutely awesome. It’s the only thing I’ve found that doesn’t make me look like a raccoon and also has no issues when I wear contacts.
- Almay Anti-Chap SPF Lipcolor in Sugarplum. Hands off, people, this one is mine. I love this color, love the lipstick. And they quit making it like ten years ago. So I buy it whenever it comes up on ebay. I thought I had found a replacement in the Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Cocoa, but dangnabbit they discontinued that too. And it’s even harder to find.
- Burt’s Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash. Love this stuff.
- Q-Tips. I am obsessed with them. I clean my ears daily, and during bad allergy times twice a day. It’s an obsession, but it needs to be done too.
- Arm & Hammer Advance White Toothpaste. Which is a big surprise given that I was very much a Colgate girl for the first 25 years of my life. Either one will work, but I prefer the A&H. Just stay away from Crest. It causes Alzheimers. (Not really, but that stays in my brain.)
- Lubriderm moisturizing lotion with SPF. This is actually my daily moisturizer. Works better that most of the store bought stuff too. I’m highly sensitive to scents and fragrances, so a lot of moisturizers I can’t wear. This one works great.
- Revlon gel eyeliner. OHEMGEE. This is the best stuff I’ve found.
- Mineral Veil SPF brush. Dry sunscreen. Great for arms, hands, and face.
- St. Ives Green Tea Facial scrub. I can’t wear the stuff that has walnut husks and apricots in it. It’s too harsh for my skin. This actually works pretty well.