1. What’s one simple small pleasure on your summer ‘to-do’ list?
That would be this Friday. Baseball game for our AA farm team and one of the best fireworks displays ever. I’ve seen them in Chicago, NYC, DC, and I think ours here are better because you can get so much closer!
2. Do you have strong feelings or opinions about the immigration debate in your home country? Feel free to share your thoughts, but please play nice.
In a word, nope.
3. What’s something in your home or wardrobe that could be described as ‘star spangled’?
Not a lot. Right now I have glitter polish for my pedicure, does that count?
4. Is your house set up for a party?
Not even close. Party of one, in pajamas, maybe!
5. What is one never-before-visited city in America would you most like to see?
Just one? Geesh. Seattle.
6. Your favorite red food? White food? Blue food?
Red food: Fruit. Watermelon, cherries, strawberries, apples, raspberries, etc. Love ’em.
White food: Coconut. Vanilla Ice Cream. Milk.
Blue food: Sage derby cheese. Really more of a turquoise, but it counts!
7. What freedom do you value the most, and why?
I had an answer typed, but it pales in explaination to the words of this week’s hostess, so I’m copying her answer here:
It’s hard to choose just one, but I’m going with freedom of speech. I think some of the other freedoms we enjoy are predicated on this one. What would freedom of religion be without freedom of speech? If you could worship, but those preaching were instructed in what they could or couldn’t say? What would due process be if we were not allowed to speak in our own defense?
I think when we lose this one, America as we know it is done.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
July 4 is my favorite holiday. No presents to buy, no family obligation unless you want there to be, no stress. Just the day off to remember our freedoms, and things blowing up in the night sky. What can be better than that?