1. What’s something people might ask you for help with?
Surprisingly, help with investments at work. Cracks me up. I know NOTHING, but I guess I have answered enough questions correctly so people think I know what I’m talking about. Also, I get women from work that bring me knitting that they’ve messed up and I figure out where they dropped a stitch and keep them going.
2. What’s something you might ask people for help with?
Yard work, no thanks to my allergies. Putting stuff in my attic. Getting the Christmas Tree out of the attic. You know, all that manual labor stuff.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you’re a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations for your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
We tried to go to the beach for at least a long weekend every summer. We’d cram into an efficiency hotel room with my grandparents, so there’d be five of us with two beds and one person on the floor. Awesome trips. Loved ’em.
4. Pool-lake-ocean…which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
Not much of a lake person–I grew up with waves and salt water, so the stillness of a lake or pond freaks me out. River, however, is still cool. Pool, always. I’m a water rat. Love it.
5. Have you ever justified using the expression ‘you gotta be cruel to be kind’? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
Only when singing the song by Letters to Cleo. Other than that, no. I love this movie, and RIP Heath Ledger!
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Any you’d add to the list?
I had beets for dinner last night. And no matter how long I roast them (last night for 50 minutes at 400, and none were bigger than 2″), they still aren’t done and don’t peel easily. Still tasty though. Grew up on butterbeans, love mushrooms and tuna. Don’t have okra often, but it’s okay. Love mayo in small doses but allergic to eggs, so that takes those two things off my diet. And a newfound appreciation for brussels sprouts if cooked properly means they’re on my list too. So I guess that leaves liver and gelatin. Never been a big jello fan, and liver? Ugh. Brother loves it though.
7. What’s your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
First movie that came to mind was Beaches, how can you not love it? Not a big fan of horror, so all those movies set at camp by a lake are out. First book that came to mind was the Anne of Green Gables series, and her Lake of Shining Waters. I’m sure there are others, but we’ll go with the first impulses this time.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So is anyone else excited about the return of The Newsroom on Sunday night? Seriously, I am like obsessed. I caught the entire series around new years when they aired them all, and I think it’s brilliant. They are rerunning two episodes a night this week, and I’ve loved every minute of it. I also finally watched Pitch Perfect the other day, and I think that I’ve watched parts of it 2-3 times a day just to hear the music. What a great chick flick. Might be moving to the top of some of my lists soon!