Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 133
I remembered to pull these up on Tuesday night! I am so proud of myself! Next week is VBS though, so unless it’s slow at work (wink wink) I’m going to miss all my blogging linkups.
1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800’s and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
Sometimes when my nieces are at camp I will send postcards, just to they have something at mail call. I get them regularly–from the doctors. It’s time for your annual exam/semiannual cleaning/dog’s vaccinations, etc. I get lots of those. I do, when on bigger vacations, purchase postcards though. Better panoramic shots than I can take myself–always crystal clear skies, well lit, etc. So I buy several of the places I go so that I have a reminder of where I was.
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
Honestly? All the fresh fruit I can get. Vacations are usually to warmer climes, and it’s the best thing. Tons of fresh fruit. That and at least one really good meal out. I’m not talking about Chili’s or some other major chain of mediocre fair, but a local restaurant with great reviews, Christmas lights, and a fantastic menu. One meal fitting this criteria is required, more are optional.
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
Only from a deaf blind mute. Other than that? On my face, my sleeve, you name it.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
Yep, they’re still delivered. And I take them straight to my 91 year old grandmother who likes to have a ‘local’ (she lives 75 miles out of the area) phone book on hand for when she thinks she might need something in Richmond.
5. Would you rather be first or last?
Depends on what we’re trying to be first or last for. Volunteering for something? Usually not last, but sometimes not first as well. If first or last means showing up on time? Then I prefer first. First or last to die? Prefer the latter for that one.
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)…where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
I have a fantastic county park about 15 miles from my home. (Actually, there are about six between that one and my home, but who’s counting). It’s the largest one in the county. Dog park, lake, soccer fields, football fields, baseball fields, equestrian rings, a great place to fly kites, it’s my favorite. Last time in a park was probably for a friend’s wedding. So if dancing at the reception counts as recreational activity, sure, why not!
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
A perm with layers. Not attractive. What can I say it was the 80s. I think I have a photo somewhere, let me see if I can find it . . . .
Okay here is the first one, circa 1985 or 1986. I think it should be pointed out that a)I am not the only girl in this photo with the layered perm look, and b)that the whole reason the photo was taken was because I had FINALLY balanced a salt shaker on its lip! (Anyone else remember those CocaCola shirts that were the rage in the mid 80s? I loved that sucker.)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my evening, and gotten very little accomplished. I did, however, cook a hamburger during a monsoon rain, break a ceiling fan light cover, and make 12 shields for station markers for next week’s VBS. Progress!!!