Ten points if you can name where that quote came from. I don’t know why I remember it, but I do.
Okay, full confession time. I haven’t participated in the Monday Listicles for awhile because honestly, they didn’t appeal to me. Example: 10 Things That Make My Family Awesome. Um, it’s just me and the dog. Short list. 10 Things About Summer. My answer would have been something along the lines of 1. I dislike it immensely. 2. It’s not October. That’s about it. 10 Things and I were not getting along, so I took a break. But I’m looking forward to this week’s topic–and was instantly reminded of this clip (and a later scene from this same episode is also where the post title comes from!)
10 Things I Buy Every Week
- Milk. Skim Milk. At least once a week, sometimes twice.
- Gas. I swear, I only drive eight miles to work. I don’t have much of a social life. Yet I feel like every Friday I have to buy gas in order to make it through the weekend.
- A ChickFilA sandwich. I don’t know why, but when I have just a few minutes between work and church, or am at work until 830 and would prefer a root canal over trying to think of something to do for dinner, this is the drive thru that I end up going through on autopilot.
- Some ePurchase. Usually through Amazon in the form of a $0.99 digital book.
- [You know, this is actually hard to do! I only shop for me, so it’s a difficult list!] Lunch on Thursdays. Monday-Wednesday I pack my lunch, Friday I work a half day. So Thursday is my day out with the girls.
- [Seriously, I’m drawing a blank for more than five!] So this isn’t a purchase I make weekly. It’s a purchase I make the first day of Vacation Bible School in July and the first day of Glorious Christmas Nights in November. I drive downtown to the TT Lounge to buy Bubble Tea for the director (also my friend) and I. First day tradition! And am reminded of it because VBS started last night.
- [I just pulled up my bank statement to try and see what I buy weekly. Not helping.] A last minute oh-crap-I’m-out! replacement. A few weeks ago it was toilet paper. Had no idea I was out. Considering I buy it at BJs in packs of 45 rolls I usually buy it 2-3 times a year. Thought I had more in the garage. I did not. Last week it was Reynolds Wrap. Tonight it will be contact lens solution, as I discovered last night trying to put them up for the nightly soak.
- [Okay, now we’re getting into the fantasy items. Those things that I WOULD buy every week should I have the discretionary income. Which I don’t. Which I haven’t in almost six years. So this is a fond memory of when I had lots of cash to burn!] Some sort of crafty thing. Last week it was a roll of gold lame duct tape for VBS. This week, if I had the money, I have about $300 of things sitting in my shopping cart at my favorite online yarn store. I truly miss my LSS, and as a result have fallen out of favor with the hobby. Would love to pick it up again.
- [This one is if I had money to burn AND time to waste.] A movie ticket. I used to go just about every Tuesday, as many theaters here offer $6 tickets or free popcorn on Tuesdays. Haven’t done it for a while. In fact, I’ve only been to the theater three times so far this year–for me, that’s like only bathing once every six weeks. Just can’t do it like I used to.
- [For my final entry, it would be money to burn, time to waste, AND a body about 80 pounds lighter.] A clothing item. I oh so desperately need a wardrobe update. I have the same four pairs of black pants that I wear September-May with different tops. Worn the pants for three years. During May-September, I have black tops with different skirts. Only they’re all REALLY starting to show their age! So I need to update the wardrobe!!!!!
Wow, that was a lot more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I was excited about this week’s Listicle because I thought it would be easy to spout off ten things in a zip, but boy was I wrong!!!