(I couldn’t think of a themed title for this week!)
1. July 24th is Amelia Earhart Day. Earhart was the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. What’s something you’ve recently accomplished solo?
Amelia has her own day? Interesting. Seems kind of anticlimactic to me. Not like she finished the trip. Well, finished it yes. Completed it, no. Unless it’s a memorial to those that leave home and never return. Anywho. Back to the question. Accomplished solo? Um, I went to the store after VBS last night. I dunno. It’s all accomplished solo! I bought a house. Went to grad school. Made the decision to euthanize the dog. Got another puppy.
2. What’s one product you use that never ever fails?
Baby wipes as makeup remover. Love ’em.
3. Have you found your place in the world? Where is it?
Lately, the right hand end of my couch.
4. Worst movie you ever saw?
Three way tie: Howard the Duck, Johnny Be Good, and Moulin Rouge. Yes, I know that last one will get me some feedback. But it’s the only movie I feel I paid too much money for when I saw it at the $0.99 theater.
5. What’s the last fun thing you did?
A week and a half ago we had a coverband concert at my church as a community event. A girl I hadn’t seen in 20 years looked me up so we got to spend the night catching up. Great fun.
6. The month of July is named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar…ever been to Rome? What’s your favorite Italian dish?
One day I’ll get there. Caprese salad or caprese pasta.
7. What is one piece of advice you’d offer new mom Kate Middleton?
Sleep. Sleep lots. Sleep whenever you can.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Great news for my mom in her 13+ year struggle with her disease. She got into a clinical trial and is working on getting the paperwork complete to go to Sloan Kettering for round one. Thanks to all for the prayers and support! Keep ’em coming as we start the next phase of this journey!