It’s really hard to type blog posts on a train with spotty wifi connections. I’m just sayin’. Not to mention that I thought it was six things from each color last week–so six red, six orange, etc. And trying to type that on a spotty wifi connection and rickety railroad tracks was not going my way. So I gave up. Too much of a headache to try to keep up. But this week I love the topic! We’re down to five things:
- The children I work with at church. They can be so creative, so insightful, so innocent. And they inspire me every day.
- A beautiful piece of music. It can be Billy Joel, it can be Chopin, it can be Casting Crowns. Doesn’t matter. It still works.
- A moving speech. It can be a sermon. It can be a lecture. It can be a responsive reading from the Julia Childs life story.
- Stunning visuals. It can be a screensaver. It can be a Chihuly exhibit. It can be the cast of Les Misérables singing “One Day More”. Or all of it.
- Stories of great heroics. Queen Esther. The serviceman that saved six children. The stranger that gave me a lift when my car broke down. All work.