Ha! Yes I did! I’m so proud of myself! Here’s this week Wednesday Hodgepodge, brought to you from my couch while I contemplate turning into a popsicle in my heat-inefficient home.
1. Speaking of skating…when did you last ‘skate on thin ice’, ‘skate over the details’, ‘encounter a cheapskate’, or just plain skate?
I wasn’t speaking of skating, but sure why not. And I’ll go with ‘skate on thin ice’. Christmas. Family. ‘Nuff said.
2. What would you say is the biggest problem of people your age?
I’m a Gen Xer, proud and true. We are addicted to technology, frequently to the point of detaching from everything else. And it’s a bad habit. We overindulge and colly-moddle our kids, and that doesn’t help them prepare for adulthood at all. We are starting to become empty nesters yet we are taking care of our parents. And yet I think the biggest problem of all is that if we are not careful we can be incredibly selfish.
3. What’s your favorite accessory? Is it something you wear every day, often, or only on special occasions?
I’m the kind of girl that wears the same thing every day. Same earrings (diamonds from an x, cool twists that I found, worn for about the last four years), rings (college class ring, great uncle’s wedding band, and spoon ring, all worn for at least 20 years if not longer), bracelet (Until there’s a Cure, worn since 1993), and I guess the newest is my Garmin watch.
4. January 20th is National Cheese Lover’s Day. Are you a lover of cheese? What’s your favorite dish made with cheese? Last thing you ate that contained some kind of cheese
Cheese is like Bacon. There are not many that do not love. I had a salad today that had some cheese in it, and then pizza. Love mozarella and sharp cheddar, not to mention sage derby to brie. Favorite dish with cheese? This summer it was a roasted beet and goat cheese tart. My grandfather’s potato soup. Oh so many others.
5. What’s something guaranteed to make you roll your eyes?
Putting my contact lenses in every morning
6. Your favorite book series?
Depends on the day. Stephanie Plum vs. Harry Potter vs. Mitch Rapp vs. Anne Shirley. Pick one. All across the board on that one.
7. Why did you choose your profession?
I didn’t. It chose me. I fell into it by mistake. In the middle of the recession I turned around and saw someone I knew, ended up working for him for a few years, and now work for a wonderful guy and love it. Go figure.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I prefer cold weather to hot. Every day. But my house is not heat efficient under 40 degrees. And yesterday was a high of 31. I realize that in some parts of the country that is nothing, but here it’s pretty cold. Especially when you consider that less than a month ago it was almost 80 degrees on Christmas Day, and here we’re expecting a foot of snow (or four inches. Or 22. Depends on which meteorologist you follow) Friday, and my poor little house can’t take it. So I’m freeeeeezing! In order to avoid my house, I’m going to the movies a lot this week. I saw Spotlight on Monday, and if you haven’t seen it (see my previous post), please make the opportunity to do so. Very, very well done, and I’m still thinking of it da